We can take advantage of the contribution of healthy fats, amino acids and fiber of almond milk to lose weight and take care of our general health, since it also has cardiovascular and bone benefits. Many people have started consuming almond milk to lose weight. Although it is a drink with a high caloric intake compared to other vegetable milks, its contributions of fiber, amino acids and healthy fats make it a great choice for the diet. On the other hand, it is a food free of lactose and gluten, and its cholesterol concentration is almost zero. In addition, it is an interesting contribution of calcium, which makes it also suitable for caring for bones. What other benefits does it provide? How do you prepare?
Due to the boom that it has had among Hollywood celebrities, it can now be purchased in commercial presentations. However, its natural preparation is still recommended, since it is the best way to preserve all its properties and avoid chemical additives.
Benefits of almond milk to lose weight
Almond milk has become popular throughout the world as one of the best substitutes for cow’s milk. Not only is it recommended for lactose intolerant and followers of the vegan diet, but for those who want to take care of their weight and health. From the nutritional point of view, it stands out for its contributions of omega 3 fatty acids, a type of healthy fat that protects the health of the heart. This nutrient decreases the concentration of cholesterol in the arteries and contributes to good metabolic functioning.
It also makes a light contribution of complex carbohydrates, a macronutrient that helps to have an optimal energy level. Its slow assimilation keeps the metabolism active and prevents high peaks in blood glucose. Due to its calcium and magnesium content, regular consumption also strengthens bones. Although their contributions are not as high as those of cow’s milk, they are significant to obtain the requirements of the body.
Another important reason to drink almond milk to lose weight is its amino acid content. As some know, these nutrients are key to lose weight and increase muscle mass. Its proper assimilation improves sports performance and reduces the risk of injury.
How to prepare almond milk to lose weight?
The preparation of almond milk to lose weight does not take too much time and is quite simple. In addition, it is healthier than buying the milks that sell ready in the market, because it does not contain preservatives or chemical additives.
- 1 cup of natural almonds, unroasted (150 g)
- 6 cups of water (1.5 liters)
- First, put the almonds soaking in two cups of water (500 ml).
- Let them rest for at least 8 hours, or, all night.
- After this time, discard the soaking water and put the almonds in the blender.
- Add the remaining cups of water and process for a few minutes.
- After obtaining a white and foamy drink, proceed to strain it.
- Use a cloth strainer to get better results. Squeeze the milk well and store it in a glass jar with a lid.
- Eat a cup of almond milk at breakfast or during snacks.
- If you prefer, use it as a base to prepare your smoothies with fruits and vegetables.
- Try to moderate your consumption, because in excess you can add many calories.
How to use the remains of almonds?
After straining almond milk you will have fine flour that can be reused. In fact, it is a great option to develop another healthy recipe for diet. However, in order to store it you will have to do another process.
- Set the oven to 350 ° F (about 180 ° C).
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the almond flour on a tray.
- Put it in the oven and leave it for 15 minutes, until it is thoroughly dry.
- Use this flour to replace the refined flours when making cookies, breads or any dessert.
Contraindications of almond milk
Although almond milk for weight loss offers many benefits, its contraindications should not be overlooked. In case of metabolic disorders, pregnancy or specific diseases, it is best to consult the doctor before consumption.
- Drinking almond milk in excess can hinder the absorption of iodine.
- It contains substances that can irritate the thyroid gland, causing inflammation.
- It is not recommended for babies.
- Ingested in large quantities can trigger migraine attacks due to their tyrosine content.
In summary, preparing almond milk to lose weight has important benefits. However, some special cases must be considered so that their intake is not counterproductive.